So I always wanted to make a nice Poker game against three other AI, but I ended up running out of variables or getting fed up from the complications and ragequitting. I wanted to be able to show your cards on the graph menu along with the cards the dealer put up, but I figured you'd have to use one of those things that look like this:
Disp "asdflakj "+sub("asdfakl;sjdf;lakdsjfk;ljadsk;lfj")
I suck at these. I have absolutely no idea how they work. So the graphics for the cards and stuff I can handle, but how to make the card choice vary is what ticks me off. I don't want to draw out a card that says "Ace of Spaces" or "2 of Hearts" for all 52 cards, so I'm going to need some help.
So these are some things I want:
- A betting system (with you inputting the money you want everyone to start with)
- A method to give your name (pretty easy, even I can do this)
- Drawn cards (This is what all my ranting is about above)
- 3 A.I. players (I have a very vague idea of how this will work. I can do one A.I., but three will be crazy.)
- Routines to check if the A.I. people are bankrupt (how to win the game)
Optional things that I want but I think might be impossible, or take up way too much memory:
- A thing that says "straight" or "flush" when it says so? I don't know if my calculator will survive typing down every single combination possible :)
- Greyscale graphics (very low on my list, I hardly know how this works and whether I can do so in BASIC)
- A couple assembly routines (once again low on my list, I just want to cut down memory use)
I can afford up to about 15K of RAM. I would prefer Texas Hold 'Em, but any other types are fine, I can just search how to play them.
The man shuddered as the shadow drew a glistening sword from his back. Creeping closer and closer with his pale eyes burning into the man, the shadow slowly raised his blade and before he could thrust it down, the man heard the shadow hiss something.
"The Shadow Clan's presence must be like a whisper. Always felt, but never seen…"