School is out here in Mesa, Arizona, USA tomorrow, and I'll have all summer break to do a whole heck of a lot of nothing and the occasional chore. It will probably take me the entire summer to produce this game, but that's OK; I don't plan on taking my whole time to do it anyway.
I want to create a game on my TI-83 Plus. I would like it to be at least SOMEWHAT by me, but I'll need a lot of help, so I devoted an entire thread to the overly generous people you are who are most certainly going to help me to create such a program. Love you, guys.
Here's an outline of the game.
- You are a ball. A small white ball. The game is a side-scroller in which the ball is always in the center of the screen. There are platforms, and you have to bounce on them to get to the finish, which is basically a platform with a checkerboard inside its outline.
- There are also walls. You can bounce off of walls.
- Every time you bounce, the bounce that follows will allow you to travel three quarters of the distance the previous bounce allowed you to travel.
- There are spiky platforms that you die on if you touch.
- There are super platforms that will quadruple your bounce height when you land on them.
I don't even know how to create a menu for this, and I'm not expecting you to just type all the code, but…
where do I even begin???