Whether you are a new visitor or a frequent lurker, we are excited that you are on the site! We are a community, made up of a diverse collection of people with different backgrounds and experiences, and we want you to become one of us. It doesn't matter whether you are just starting out in programming or you are already an accomplished programmer, everybody has something that they can contribute.
Before you can participate on the site, you need to sign up to become a member. Registration is a simple two-step process, and involves creating a Wikidot account and then entering the password 'ti-basic-rulez' on the join page to join the site. It is quick and painless, and should take no more than a couple minutes.
There are a few things that you need to know before you go off exploring:
- Once you are a site member, please start a new thread and introduce yourself to the community so that we can get to know you better. We're always happy to meet new people on the forum, and I promise we won't bite (unless you want us to) :D
- Although we are generally very lax in what we allow on the forum, there are some basic rules that we have established to ensure that the forum is an enjoyable place to be. Please read through and familiarize yourself with the rules.
- The expandable CHAR box that appears in the upper right corner of the screen contains the TI-Basic characters that aren't readily accessed from the keyboard. It is meant to be a nice convenience for people who want to post code on the forum, allowing you to quickly copy and paste instead of having to hunt them down every time.
- Please do your best to post your threads in the appropriate place. Similarly, start a new thread for your questions, instead of adding them to an existing thread. This helps to keep the forum organized and allows people to read threads without confusion. Of course, we are happy to help you if you don't quite get it right.
- Except for personal help from a moderator or administrator, please don't ask people to email or message answers to you. The forum is open for reading as well as responding, so all discussion should go in the threads for others to see.
We hope you enjoy using the site and stop by often!