Hehe, Timothy, you caught me out!
For the record:
- The theme has been there for a couple of weeks, but I've only just found the time to create a demo page;
- The TI|BD header image is temporary — I think we need something new one to replace the current one.
What I like about the header image, is that when you change the window size to it's bare minimum width you'll find that it says "TI-BASIC DEV." Just an idea for future designs.
- Make the page content width wider, through less interference from the previously wider sidebar;
- A white background so that LaTeX equations would need no colour specifications (in the portable guide, some LaTeX equations had a cream background instead of white);
- Cleaner CSS with as little complications as possible (so that cross-browser viewing would be as universal as possible). Ideally, the same CSS theme would apply to all portals of the site, instead of having one for each of the home page, the forum and the portals.
Some things to notice:
- The links are no longer underlined — Instead an underline appears when you hover over them. In addition, they are a different colour to the mainstream text;
- Curves — In most browsers other than IE, there are nice curves to the site (in IE, these curves are removed and the site has a more "square appeal" to it);
- The blue and orange theme — Make what you want of it, I just chose those colours because I thought they were nice (by all means provide suggestions for alternative colours if these ones don't appeal to you).
Now, please critic!