Well, I downloaded a beta of Win7. I notice it's a bit faster than XP was, very quick bootup, shutdown and all that.
Things I like:
- New window management. It's so easy to maximize, restore, snap into place. And, some maximized windows can be resized. But only some.
- The new task bar, somewhat. Jump lists I'm a fan of. Could do programs a tad better - turning labels on helps, though.
- More color control. Dislike blue? Make it any color. Whatsoever. Mine's red.
- New system tray. It's so much nicer.
- Less notifictions. I haven't gotten a single one I didn't want. Course, I don't know how many I want that I haven't gotten.
- New beeps. So much less hard on the ears. And the boot-up sound is simpler. Not really a like, but whatever.
- Driver updates. It recognized all my stuff immediately - and my wireless card, it was able to set it up for use and show me networks no problem.
- Wireless is really easy. See previous.
Things I Dislike:
- Eye candy. Do windows need to fall down when they close? Does minimization need an animation?
- Transparency. More eye candy. But it can be turned off… If you dig.
- Folder options. Turning off "Hide extensions on known file types" took an hour of digging. I finally found it in the control panel, but I had to look through the entire list of control panel icons.
Overall, it's better for me than XP. Anyone else using it, any thoughts?